You can’t wait for your next ski trip? Everything is already booked except your ski equipment? Don’t worry, we’ll help you find the perfect equipment to fully enjoy your ski holiday in Val d'Isère!
No matter what your level of skiing or snowboarding, we’ll find the best ski or snowboard model for you. Our shop Millet Expert Sport is located at the foot of the slopes and our team will be pleased to give you some advice so that you’ll spend an unforgettable holiday hitting the slopes in Val d'Isère! Are you skiing for the first time? You’ll then get an easy ski to ride from our store Millet Expert Sport. Are you looking for a fast and new ski to improve your performance? We’ll offer you the best skis on the market! Is Val d'Isère also known for its great freeride potential? You’ll find exactly what you need at Millet Expert Sport. Our team will select the perfect equipment based on your experience and wishes. Don’t hesitate if you have any questions about your ski equipment, Millet Expert Sport will be happy to answer and help you any time during your stay in Val d'Isère.
Millet Expert Sport is located in the center of Val d'Isère. You can easily reach either the slopes or your accommodation after picking up your skis. Renting your ski equipment at Millet Expert Sport is a good way of saving time upon your arrival. You can also book your equipment online before going on holiday. You’ll get the chance to rent your skiing equipment at the very best price by selecting the date, resort and kind of equipment you want to rent. You’ll not have to wait in the shop since your equipment will be ready to be picked up when you arrive at Millet Expert Sport! Are your children attending a skiing course? Don’t forget to book a helmet then and don’t worry about getting to the ski school in Val d'Isère …it’s just a few steps away from Millet Expert Sport. You are not quite sure about going skiing and would rather go for cross-country skiing? You also get the opportunity to rent the required equipment at Millet Expert Sport. Cross-country skiing is actually the perfect solution if you want to train and admire the beautiful countryside at the same time. Val d'Isère is also the perfect place if you want to get away from the daily grind and just relax after a beautiful day on the slopes. Restaurants, bars, clubs, swimming-pools and spas…you’ll definitely get the chance to experience life in the mountains. Don’t wait any longer and come to our shop Millet Expert Sport in Val d'Isère. Millet Expert Sport offers lots of different rental packages for everyone so that you can all enjoy your winter holiday in Val d'Isère. Our team is waiting for you and ready to help you find the best skiing equipment! See you soon in Val d'Isère!
You can book additional services in-store after your online order
Skiers will compete in 43 races across the globe with a single objective: take Mikaela Shiffrin’s crown ! The American skier is stille the bookies’ favourite to win this year’s edition but challengers such as Vhlová (SVK) and Holdener (SUI) are lurking. Here is the complete calendar of all the ladies’ events this season:
• October 26th, 2019 : Giant
• November 23rd, 2019 : Slalom
• November 30th, 2019 : Giant
• December 1st, 2019 : Slalom
Lake Louise (Canada)
• December 6th, 2019 : Downhill
• December 7th, 2019 : Downhill
• December 8th, 2019 : Super Giant
• Decmber 14th, 2019 : Super Giant
• Decmeber 15th, 2019 : Parallel Slalom
• December 17th, 2019 : Giant
Val d’Isère (France)
• December 21st, 2019 : Giant
• December 22nd, 2019 : Combined (Super Giant then Slalom)
• December 28th, 2019 : Giant
• December 29th, 2019 : Slalom
• January 4th, 2020 : Slalom
Altenmarkt im Pongau (Austria)
• January 11th, 2020 : Giant
• January 12th, 2020 : Combined (Downhill then Slalom)
• January 14th, 2020 : Slalom (night)
• January 18th, 2020 : Giant
• January 19th, 2020 : Parallel Slalom
• January 25th, 2020 : Downhill
• January 26th, 2020 : Super Giant
• February 1st, 2020 : Downhill
• February 2nd, 2020 : Super Giant
• February 8th, 2020 : Downhill
• February 9th, 2020 : Super Giant
• February 15th, 2020 : Giant
• February 16th, 2020 : Slalom
• February 22nd, 2020 : Downhill
• February 23rd, 2020 : Combined (Downhill then Slalom)
La Thuile (Italy)
• February 29th, 2020 : Super Giant
• March 1st, 2020 : Combined (Super Giant then Slalom)
• March 7th, 2020 : Giant
• March 18th, 2020 : Slalom
• March 10th, 2020 : Parallel Slalom
• March 13th, 2020 : Giant
• March 14th, 2020 : Slalom
Cortina d’Ampezzo (Italy)
• March 18th, 2020 : Downhill
• March 19th, 2020 : Super Giant
• March 21st, 2020 : Slalom
• March 22nd, 2020 : Giant
If you're planning a holiday in the Alps, one destination you might be considering is Val d'Isere. This French resort is popular in the winter for skiing, snowboarding, while summer visitors love hiking, climbing, mountain biking and just enjoying the beautiful views and fresh air.
Val d'Isere is certainly a wonderful place to visit, but when choosing your accommodation, it's important to remember that the resort actually comprises several smaller villages - and each one has its own individual character. Some spots might be more popular with families, while others are known for their exciting apres-ski scene.
So which one do you choose? Well, here's a quick explanation of some of the most popular villages in Val d'Isere so that you can decide for yourself:
● La Daille - Situated right at the entrance of the Val d'Isere resort, La Daille has a number of high-rise apartment blocks, along with a few traditional chalets. It might not be the prettiest part of the resort, but it does offer some great value self-catering accommodation and access to the lifts. There's also a regular bus service that will take you to the centre of Val d'Isere village.
● Le Cret - This small traditional hamlet is nestled into the hillside and offers lovely views over the resort. It has a quiet, calm atmosphere and features a number of traditional farmhouses, which have been restored into luxury accommodation.
● Le Fornet - Located just 5 km outside of Val d'Isere Centre, this picturesque village is full of traditional chalets made in the Savoyard wood and stone style.
● Le Joseray, Le Chatelard and La Leggettaz - This grouping of quiet hamlets can be accessed via a tunnel from the centre of the village. It offers beautiful chalets, hotels and apartments and during the winter, many of these offer ski-in-ski-out access. Or you can hop on a bus and be in town within five minutes.
● Val d'Isere Centre - This is the heart of the Val d'Isere resort, and it includes a wide selection of shops, restaurants and accommodation.
Situated in the picturesque Tarentaise Valley in south-eastern France, Val d'Isere is a popular French resort known for its winter skiing and summer outdoors activities.
And soon the popular resort will have even more to offer its visitors, as it has recently announced the "largest and most ambitious" Alps development project in the last 20 years.
The £170 million project, Called Le Coin de Val, will bring a host of new facilities to the destination, including accommodation, shops and restaurants. There will be some 900 new beds added to the resort, thanks to the development's two new hotels and a pair of tourist residences and there will also be around 100 new private homes added to the mix.
It will cover around 22,000 square metres, and an underground moving walkway will be built to connect the development to the main mountain access lifts. This means that guests will be able to easily get to the pistes and then ski back to their accommodation.
The project is expected to take around five years to complete, and a spokesperson said it will "reshape the heart" of the destination by the time it's completed in 2022.
According to the resort, visitor numbers have "steadily increased" over the last year since the UK's vote to leave the EU. This is despite other resorts noting drops in visitors, which has been attributed to a slump in the value of sterling against the euro.
Plans for the new resort weren't all about increasing visitor numbers, however. Local architect Jean-Charles Covarel who designed the development said he did so with the environment in mind. The new buildings will include smart technology, all of which should help to limit energy consumption, while rainwater and melted snow will be used to run the sanitation system. Geothermal energy will also be incorporated to heat the hotel rooms and apartments, and the exterior of the buildings will be made from traditional stone, slate and wood.
The announcement of Le Coin de Val follows other recent improvement and development projects that have been carried out in the Solaise ski area, including a new high-speed gondola, surface lifts, beginner area and an American-style mid-mountain day lodge.
2019 - 2020 © Skiset
- Legal information
- Terms & conditions
By filling in your promotion code below you can take advantage of a bonus discount on your ski rental.
Your code has been validated and allows you to benefit from:
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive all our offers