Skiers will compete in 43 races across the globe with a single objective: take Mikaela Shiffrin’s crown ! The American skier is stille the bookies’ favourite to win this year’s edition but challengers such as Vhlová (SVK) and Holdener (SUI) are lurking. Here is the complete calendar of all the ladies’ events this season:
• October 26th, 2019 : Giant
• November 23rd, 2019 : Slalom
• November 30th, 2019 : Giant
• December 1st, 2019 : Slalom
Lake Louise (Canada)
• December 6th, 2019 : Downhill
• December 7th, 2019 : Downhill
• December 8th, 2019 : Super Giant
• Decmber 14th, 2019 : Super Giant
• Decmeber 15th, 2019 : Parallel Slalom
• December 17th, 2019 : Giant
Val d’Isère (France)
• December 21st, 2019 : Giant
• December 22nd, 2019 : Combined (Super Giant then Slalom)
• December 28th, 2019 : Giant
• December 29th, 2019 : Slalom
• January 4th, 2020 : Slalom
Altenmarkt im Pongau (Austria)
• January 11th, 2020 : Giant
• January 12th, 2020 : Combined (Downhill then Slalom)
• January 14th, 2020 : Slalom (night)
• January 18th, 2020 : Giant
• January 19th, 2020 : Parallel Slalom
• January 25th, 2020 : Downhill
• January 26th, 2020 : Super Giant
• February 1st, 2020 : Downhill
• February 2nd, 2020 : Super Giant
• February 8th, 2020 : Downhill
• February 9th, 2020 : Super Giant
• February 15th, 2020 : Giant
• February 16th, 2020 : Slalom
• February 22nd, 2020 : Downhill
• February 23rd, 2020 : Combined (Downhill then Slalom)
La Thuile (Italy)
• February 29th, 2020 : Super Giant
• March 1st, 2020 : Combined (Super Giant then Slalom)
• March 7th, 2020 : Giant
• March 18th, 2020 : Slalom
• March 10th, 2020 : Parallel Slalom
• March 13th, 2020 : Giant
• March 14th, 2020 : Slalom
Cortina d’Ampezzo (Italy)
• March 18th, 2020 : Downhill
• March 19th, 2020 : Super Giant
• March 21st, 2020 : Slalom
• March 22nd, 2020 : Giant
If you're planning a holiday in the Alps, one destination you might be considering is Val d'Isere. This French resort is popular in the winter for skiing, snowboarding, while summer visitors love hiking, climbing, mountain biking and just enjoying the beautiful views and fresh air.
Val d'Isere is certainly a wonderful place to visit, but when choosing your accommodation, it's important to remember that the resort actually comprises several smaller villages - and each one has its own individual character. Some spots might be more popular with families, while others are known for their exciting apres-ski scene.
So which one do you choose? Well, here's a quick explanation of some of the most popular villages in Val d'Isere so that you can decide for yourself:
● La Daille - Situated right at the entrance of the Val d'Isere resort, La Daille has a number of high-rise apartment blocks, along with a few traditional chalets. It might not be the prettiest part of the resort, but it does offer some great value self-catering accommodation and access to the lifts. There's also a regular bus service that will take you to the centre of Val d'Isere village.
● Le Cret - This small traditional hamlet is nestled into the hillside and offers lovely views over the resort. It has a quiet, calm atmosphere and features a number of traditional farmhouses, which have been restored into luxury accommodation.
● Le Fornet - Located just 5 km outside of Val d'Isere Centre, this picturesque village is full of traditional chalets made in the Savoyard wood and stone style.
● Le Joseray, Le Chatelard and La Leggettaz - This grouping of quiet hamlets can be accessed via a tunnel from the centre of the village. It offers beautiful chalets, hotels and apartments and during the winter, many of these offer ski-in-ski-out access. Or you can hop on a bus and be in town within five minutes.
● Val d'Isere Centre - This is the heart of the Val d'Isere resort, and it includes a wide selection of shops, restaurants and accommodation.
Situated in the picturesque Tarentaise Valley in south-eastern France, Val d'Isere is a popular French resort known for its winter skiing and summer outdoors activities.
And soon the popular resort will have even more to offer its visitors, as it has recently announced the "largest and most ambitious" Alps development project in the last 20 years.
The £170 million project, Called Le Coin de Val, will bring a host of new facilities to the destination, including accommodation, shops and restaurants. There will be some 900 new beds added to the resort, thanks to the development's two new hotels and a pair of tourist residences and there will also be around 100 new private homes added to the mix.
It will cover around 22,000 square metres, and an underground moving walkway will be built to connect the development to the main mountain access lifts. This means that guests will be able to easily get to the pistes and then ski back to their accommodation.
The project is expected to take around five years to complete, and a spokesperson said it will "reshape the heart" of the destination by the time it's completed in 2022.
According to the resort, visitor numbers have "steadily increased" over the last year since the UK's vote to leave the EU. This is despite other resorts noting drops in visitors, which has been attributed to a slump in the value of sterling against the euro.
Plans for the new resort weren't all about increasing visitor numbers, however. Local architect Jean-Charles Covarel who designed the development said he did so with the environment in mind. The new buildings will include smart technology, all of which should help to limit energy consumption, while rainwater and melted snow will be used to run the sanitation system. Geothermal energy will also be incorporated to heat the hotel rooms and apartments, and the exterior of the buildings will be made from traditional stone, slate and wood.
The announcement of Le Coin de Val follows other recent improvement and development projects that have been carried out in the Solaise ski area, including a new high-speed gondola, surface lifts, beginner area and an American-style mid-mountain day lodge.
For your rental at Val d'Isère, Skiset takes care of everything.
Reservation is quick and easy. We pass your order on to the shop in
Val d'Isère resort who will prepare your order in advance. Whether you
want to order skis or a snowboard, we offer both adult and child packs.
Skiset is made up of 800 rental shops in 400 resorts in Europe and the
USA, so there's bound to be one near to your accommodation at
At Skiset you will be welcomed by professionals who are passionate
about the mountains. Renowned skiers or instructors of Val d'Isère resort, our advisors are best able to advise you according to your
preferences, your level and also the snow conditions in Val d'Isère resort. Located in the most convenient areas of Val d'Isère resort, our
shops are dedicated to the enjoyment of skiing. Depending on the range
of equipment you choose to hire, you may also change your skis or try a
snowboard during your stay at Val d'Isère
An accompaniment to all events and to the preparation of skiers,
that's the Skiset mindset.
For almost 20 years Skiset have been equipping skiers, thanks to its
teams of professionals in European and North American ski resorts.
Hiring ski equipment
is quick and easy in Val d'Isère resort
Choose your closest Skiset shop in Val d'Isère by using our resort map
and then select the dates of your stay. Then choose your material from
the array of state of the art skis and snowboards on offer, let us know
your address and then pay.
Aime 2000 La Plagne |
Alpe d'Huez |
Arc 1600 |
Arc 1800 |
Arc 1950 |
Arc 2000 |
Auris en Oisans |
Bad Gastein |
Belle Plagne |
Campitello - Val di Fassa |
Canazei - Val di Fassa |
Chamonix-Le Tour |
Champoluc - Monterosa Ski |
Cortina d'Ampezzo |
Courchevel 1300 - Le Praz |
Courchevel 1550 |
Courchevel 1650 |
Courchevel 1850 |
Courmayeur - Plan Chécrouit |
El Tarter |
Flims - Waldhaus |
Isola 2000 |
Kranjska Gora |
La Clusaz |
La Molina |
La Rosière |
La Rosière / Eucherts |
La Tania |
La Thuile |
La Tzoumaz |
Le Corbier |
Le Grand Bornand |
Les Carroz |
Les Coches |
Les Collons |
Les Deux Alpes |
Les Gets |
Les Houches |
Les Ménuires |
Les Saisies |
Madonna di Campiglio |
Maria Alm |
Mayrhofen im Zillertal |
Méribel Centre - Les Allues |
Méribel Mottaret |
Méribel Village |
Obergurgl - Hochgurgl |
Oz en Oisans |
Pas de la Case |
Passo Tonale |
Plagne 1800 |
Plagne Bellecôte |
Plagne Centre |
Plagne la Roche |
Plagne Soleil / Plagne Village |
Praz sur Arly |
Puy St Vincent |
Saas Fee |
Saint Gervais |
Saint Jean d'Aulps |
Saint Martin de Belleville |
Sainte Foy en Tarentaise |
San Cassiano |
Santa Cristina |
Sauze d'Oulx |
Selva Gardena - Wolkenstein |
Serre Chevalier |
Sierra Nevada |
Sölden - Hochsölden |
St. Anton |
St. Johann in Tirol |
Thollon Les Mémises |
Tignes 1800 - les Boisses |
Tignes Brevières |
Val Cenis |
Val d'Isère |
Val d'Isère La Daille |
Val Thorens |
Zell am See |
2019 - 2020 © Skiset
- Legal information
- Terms & conditions
By filling in your promotion code below you can take advantage of a bonus discount on your ski rental.
Your code has been validated and allows you to benefit from:
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive all our offers